Thursday, July 7, 2011

Security

I forgot to mention in my last post about how intense the security was at the hotel. First, there were armed guards at the gate who we had to tell why we were there. They were from a security company called "Black Power Security", which I found really amusing, but had no one to share in the joke/fact that the phrase "Black Power" has a completely different meaning to me/Americans with. Then after walking down a huge driveway, there was another security guard, to whom we had to state our purpose again. Then we went through metal detectors and put our backpacks through a scanner (like at airport security) as well. I don't really blame them - the Taj in Mumbai was targeted in the 26/11 terrorist attacks - but I thought it was interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment