Friday, July 15, 2011

Positivity

Ok so that was way too negative yesterday. I need to post about some happy things. In a list form.

1. On Saturday my co-workers and I went shopping. Enough said.
2. Also on Saturday, my friend Jessie from my program and her friend came to visit. They're working with one of the NGO's we visited in Jodhpur and is leaving India a few days after I do. We went to the Benaras Hindu University campus one day, and it was so beautiful! Everyone had been telling me to go see it but I thought it was much further away from my guesthouse than it actually is. Lots of colonial architecture in a tropical setting, one of my favorite things. Also we got shirts made.
3. Yesterday the lunch pack my guesthouse makes for me every day was really heavy, and I couldn't figure out why. When it was lunch time I opened it and saw that there were two bananas and a knife. I was SO confused. I picked up the knife, and underneath it was a mango! Instead of giving me a sweet they gave me a mango. I was SO excited. I felt like a little kid who had gotten cake for dessert in their lunch box or something. Also the manager of my guesthouse was so confused when I returned the knife that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment